Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I built a fully functional ecommerce website a couple weeks ago, and then published it to the internet. Just awhile ago, I checked its stats and its referring websites.........one of them listed was an EXACT replica of MY website! They seemed to copy the source code, images, javascripts, and all the pages and uploaded them to their server.

THEY HAVE STOLEN ALL MY WORK.

All I know is the person's email address, and I am not sure how to deal with this or the legalities involved. Please help me.......I have all the original PNG format images if needed.

Original Website: http://www.rosebliss.com/

Illegal Replica Website: http://rafael.dahan.nl/

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Damn. That is one of the cheapest rip jobs I've ever seen. They even took the name and the Dane Designs and everything.

What I would do is this: get screen captures of the work right now, as it's being done. Then inform the person via email of your intentions (i.e. to progress legally as required.)

Unfortunately, contacting the host to get the site shut down is not an option since the owner of bohost.com (the dahan.nl domain name host) happens to be Albert Dahan (the person who ripped your site).

Your only option I can see is to do the following:
    1. Take screen captures of the offending rafael.dahan.nl and burn them onto a recordable CD, ensuring that you burn the date of capture as well.
    2. Wait to see who Dahan does this site for. Chances are, this guy isn't doing it for himself, and when the name of the company who it's actually for is revealed, hammer them. You'll end up protecting the integrity of your design and costing buddy a customer (which is a fair trade IMHO for what he did to you).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    thank you for your help. I contacted the guy and he took down the website immediately and said it was for "test purposes"..........check out the URL now, it shows his apology.

I would award you with the 20 turtle dollars, but when I click the link it brings me to an error page.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Thanks, tox0tes. I'll report the error to filburt so he can fix it.

I'm not really sure that's an apology but at least it's down, which is the key thing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If you can provide the exact error, it would help.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Click the award button filburt to see it (i've PM'd u with it)
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads