Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Need to open doc files in Netscape. Problem is with Netscape 6.2 (VP is using this version) Doc file can't be opened with Netscape. I've tried adding doc as a helper Application under preferences but that doesn't work either. Can anyone help with this, other than telling the boss to use IE?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If by doc file you mean a file with a .doc extension the boss will have to get MS Word to view it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Have MS Word. Doc application does not open when clicking on link in Netscape to open xyz.doc. Nothing happens.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It should at least download make sure the file doesn't magically appear on his desktop when he clicks the link. Mac browsers have a tendency to not give visual feedback when downloading a file.

Member #
    File doesn't download. Machine is a pc, not a MAC. Here is some more background info.

I am working on an Intranet site. The doc file resides on another server. If I put the file on the server where the Intranet resides, it works fine, but there are others who update this file that can't have access to the Intranet server, so this is why the file sits on another server. IE has no problem resolving this, just Netsape. I can get it to work in Netscape if I copy the location and paste in browser. If I try to make a link, it tries to resolve to Intranet server and file is not found.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Does it load normal HTML pages fine? If so then I don't know what to say...the server probably has a screwed-up configuration.

Member #
    Yes, html pages load fine. I agree with you on the server configuration being screwed up. That is what we are looking at right now. Thanks for all your help!

Remove Ads