Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It is generally accepted that 800x600 is the safest resolution to use. Most sites are designed around that size. But you do not design to the full 800px wide because if your site is longer than your window, vertical scrollbars will appear witch will squeeze your site causing horizontal scrollbars also. So I would stick to nothing wider than 780px wide and the height is mostly up to you.

Member #
    Different Between HTML, XML, XHTML and DHTML ?

my god ! well, currently i am studying HTML and i found it is enough only for the use to create my simple personal website. Why I need all those XML, XHTML or DHTML.

1) Are XML, XHTML and DHTML under one family that is HTML, which means that they are extended from HTML, more powerful, advance or more function and features that HTML can't do.

2) If they are different, which one should i stick to now? Do i still keep on study HTML again? or does HTML is outdated already?

so many confusing that i'm lazy to find out the answer from book, hope expertice can solve my problems!! Corse now i'm looking for study reference on them.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Okay, technically speaking, HTML & XHTML are under XML.

XML is as simply as possible, the structure for tag-based documents like HTML. Except you can make your own tags.

Example:
    Code:
    <project>
      <title>My project title</title>
      <startdate>January</startdate>
    </project>
    HTML and XHTML are the same thing, except XHTML is basically a new version - this is what you should be learning now. 95% of HTML rules apply to XHTML, so they're basically the same thing.

DHTML is a made up word, and it's a terrible one. It's nothing new, simply old things combined. DHTML is simply HTML that does stuff. This stuff is usually performed with javascript (for example, being able to change a sites color pallete). So as you should eventually learn javascript, DHTML is merely using HTML and javascript together.

Hope that clears things up...
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Back to the original issue of being a web designer...I personally think that it's more than understanding languages, programs or neat tricks.

The key to being a good web designer is understanding the whole ka-boodle: design, copy, and code. If you are decent at 2, make yourself better at all of them. If you are awesome at 1, find someone else that can help you.

Also, you need to be extremely focused, driven and confident. There are thousands of other designers.........take a step back and ask yourself, "if i were looking to pay someone to make a website....would I hire myself?"

If you can't say yes to that question...rethink your skills or motivations.

tom
    SolTyra, Inc.

IM: SolTyra
    EM: tom@soltyra.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads