Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Let's say I am making a fan website about Robert De Niro. I want to dynamically display any headline about the Young Don that appears on the internet.

One way that pops out to me is to use Google News. Every day new headlines matching the search phrase "De Niro" are posted to Google News. There is a service to send an email when new headlines are posted. One possibility is to have a script automatically read these emails, extract the headlines, links, and synopsis of the article, and display them dynamically on my page. I could have this script run once a day, or maybe even everytime a Google News alert is sent to my inbox.

(The emails, by the way, are in a standard format: Headline, Source, Short Synopsis, Link. So it wouldn't be too hard to extract the info from them.)

It seems like there should be an easier way though! I've seen lots of sites that have headlines about a particular person, or a particular subject, so maybe they know another way that I don't. I also have seen pages that have google search results embedded in them, so maybe there is an easier way to display Google News search results.

Anyone who has any knowledge/experience with this, I will be forever grateful for your help! Thanks.

-rob

Remove Ads