Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm very new to this stuff, and I have no formal education in HTML or web designs. I'd like to get a few peoples opinions on what I've created and perhaps advice on how I could have done it better or what I should do for the next time.

See the attachment.

Member #
    Your coding looks sound enough with this one error that appear is a number of places:

<font face="verdana, geneva, arial" size="1" color="ffffff"><p>Employee resources information; utility delivers HR information about employees including location, department, phone, skills experience, licenses certifications, education; also delivers projects charged information from BST and scheduled commitments from Power.<BR></font>

You forgot your closing paragraph tag </p>, it should be like this:

<font face="verdana, geneva, arial" size="1" color="ffffff"><p>Employee resources information; utility delivers HR information about employees including location, department, phone, skills experience, licenses certifications, education; also delivers projects charged information from BST and scheduled commitments from Power.</p><BR></font>

With a few small exceptions like <br>, if it's opened, it must be closed.
    Visit me at www.frogontop.com

Member #
    Thank you for the feed back.... I think I have a clue on this stuff, but it is nice to hear from someone who can give critical feedback. I'm not sure what you mean about the <br> tag... should that be closed after its opened? The person I'm filling in for until the company can make a perm. solution has used these <br> tags everywhere.

I read somewhere that this <br> tag isn't recommended and is a 'bad' habit. Is there a different way to perform the same function?

I'm not sure I'd create these tables the same way again.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nothing wrong with a <br> tag.

If you want your code to be XHTML compliant, though, where everything has to be closed use <br /> rather than just <br>

Sean

Member #
    So for an example.... the line would be..

also delivers projects charged information from BST and scheduled commitments from Power.</p><br /></font>

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yes, sounds about right.

Member #
    Thanks...

Remove Ads