Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Has anyone downloaded SP2 for Windows XP? I did and I hate it! I have Flash on my web site and it won't allow me to dispay it unless I select "Allow Blocked Content" from the Information Bar. I just downloaded it today but I'm not happy with the results. My pages look aweful! Nothing is being displayed correctly. Besides Flash I downloaded a script from DynamicDrive that doesn't display correctly and my popup windows don't work.

Anyone else having promlems with Service Pack 2 for XP?

Member #
    I've had SP2 for almost a month and haven't had any problems at all.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    you can set it so that it always shows that type of stuff.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I think I'll go screw up, oh I mean 'test' it on someone elses PC before I commit to installing it on my own... thanks for the heads up though.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    AFAIK there were no changes to IE in SP2 except the popup blocker. This causes issues with popups (duh), but that should be it.

It's been okay for me once I disabled that (STUPID STUPID STUPID) security center.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Evidently, this is a widespread problem MS is aware of. They have a list of programs that won't work/gives error messages.

(Copied the below links from an answer given by TheGame in a similar thread: )
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...t=windowsxpsp2
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh sure, blame me for spreading Microsoft's problems.

Actually, Service Pack 2 has been known to be extremely buggy. I'm going to wait about a month before deploying it on any client machines, so that all the bugs can be worked out.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    One of the guys at HoH was deploying it at work, had to undo it because of all of the incompatibilities.

I put it on my laptop, only issue so far is that I had to update my video card drivers on it for City of Heroes.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I have heard mixed reactions about SP2. Maybe it stands for Super Poopy 2? I always hold off major upgrades like SP upgrades incase there are any problems. I think I'll screw up, uhhh... test it on my GFs machine before I stuff mine up, she wants it so I'll give it to her so I can test it

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Attaboy! That's the way to use your girlfriend. Finally, someone's found a practical use for a woman.

j/k...my girlfriend rocks.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads