Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm planning to start a small web design business. I'm just wondering how to charge clients from their credit cards.

I thought about using Paypal, but I got spooked by this site: paypalsucks.com

There also seem to be a thing called a merchant account, but how does it work exactly? Do you get a link to their page or some code to paste into your html?

what's the usual method for billing?

thx, still a newb...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Company check for me.. I honestly dont think adding credit card payments would benifit you much, at least not in my case. I view credit card transactions as more of an quick decision, emergency or point of sale type of transaction. Where as a check transaction is more of a dlibret and thought out process, and that is where most of my clients are. There are some who pay with cash or even M.O., and although I do have requests for credit card once and a while it was more for a convience than a nessessaty.

Generally your clients will have access to a checking account, either personal or commercial of some sort so method of payment should never really be a problem unless you have a special case senerio such as a start up company that is completly/mostly funded though credit cards.

However if credit card payment is something you are determined to have, I would wager the best bet would be to get a merchant account. I also heard it is the best way to go. Unfortunatly I am probably as clueless as how to set one up.

Member #
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_account

There you have some info. If you want to know what service I use, send me a PM.
    Good Luck.

Banned
    Member #
    Most propably clients will not want to work with spammers like me, either personal or commercial of some sort so method of payment should never really be a problem unless you have a special case scenerio such as actually wanting to get spammed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Copy and paste the previous post? C'mon man, if you're going to spam at least write your own spam message ya jerk.

Member #
    Just use Paypal, and use the official paypal site so you dont get dogged.

They offer ways so you can create a button which can set up payments to you from your customers.

Member #
    i love paypal. its the best thing since sliced bread.

Remove Ads