Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Thank you for the nice response... Delete this thread and my account.. it seems people here are too rude for my taste.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Keep doing what you're doing ... making your own templates.

Find someone who wants a website ... do it for free. Develope and learn from the experience.

Find another person, charge them a small fee ($100.00). Do the same thing ... keep building your template library.

Once you get to know how much time it takes, and you get another client through word-of-mouth, you can "up" the fee.

Make sure that whenever you have money involved, you write up an agreement (in writing) that explains exactly what you are hired to do. Signed by both you and your client BEFORE you create any web pages. The agreement also has an expiration time ... like, you will handle problems, changes, alterations up to a certain date. Make the agreement specific.

You can show your client some template ideas ahead of time, before an agreement is signed. A client will not be offended by signing an agreement ... it will also protect them from a web designer that takes their money and runs.

If your forte is only "web design", you might want to partner with someone who does "web development" ... the Web Developer does not concern himself/herself with the "look" of the page, only the functionality of the background programming. Sites nowdays require the use of Server Side Scripting, like PHP/MySQL and Perl. Static web sites are very rare these days. "Dynamic" web sites are the way to go.

--Good Luck, Max --

Banned
    Member #
    Thanks Max for the great reply! Very helpful and informative! It's greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Delete my account... this forum is rude.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Too bad, I liked your sites.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads