Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey

I feel that i want to start promoting my skills, but i dont want to include a link on client webpages, because it basiclly looks unprofessional.

Is there another way to promote the site, but without having "made by <webdesigner> on the pages."

What do you lot do to get notice, apart frm begging!!

thanks alot for any sugestions
    cheers

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Buisness cards... lots of them. they are cheap and effictive.. hand them out to everybody you meet. And always be ready to talk about yourself and your work. Obviously not every card you give out or person you talk to will turn into a potential client. In fact if you only had one out of 100 you are doing pretty good. The thing to remember is you never know who your next client might come from.

Case in point, last year as I was wating for my annual car inspection, I got in a short conversation with somebody else waiting for their car. It turns out the person I was talking to just opened his first company and had been looking for somebody to create a site for him. Plus he had a son whos band needed a site. The fact that I was ready to flip out a buisness card and intellegently talk about myself at a moments notice landed me both projects. So I guess my best advice is to always be prepared, and be willing to approach people and engage in conversations with them.

It is almost 100% guarenteed to generate new buisness. Unfortuanly it can be quite intemidating when you are starting out.

Remove Ads