Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Has anyone noticed that there's this annoying message

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...
    that slides down from the top of the IE page content window now whenever you go to a site with drop down menus running XP with Service Pack 2????

All my templates, all the examples of drop-downs are now screwed.

Of course, you can always go into the options and change the settings, but in my mind, if I'm designing for the web, and SP2 is causing this message to popup for any drop-down menu, I have to rule out even using the drop-downs because the XP SP2 user base grows everyday and I don't want to rely on the average non-tech savvy user having to go into those options to allow this stuff to drop down and it's really just a form of harassment.

Good Lord, has SP2 pretty much ruled out the drop-down menu or does anyone know of drop-downs that are SP2 compliant?
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Member #
    Do you have any URLs for us to look at? I have SP2 on my laptop so I haven't used it too much, but I haven't experienced this problem yet (although I did just recently upgrade).

Remove Ads