Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is my first web site, and I would like some critique on it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the overall layout, but it just seems too empty or plain or something. Granted, I want to keep it generally simple, but a little more liveliness would be nice.

http://recursiveloop.t35.com/div2.html
    EDIT: THIS IS NOT THE SITE ANYMORE. THE LATEST ONE CAN BE FOUND THROUGH A LINK BELOW.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I've never been a fan of black backgrounds and light text.
    It's much easier to read black text on a white background.

The "colors" will set the mood for your site. Since you have
    no content (other than Typesetter's alignment text) it's hard
    to determine if black works or not.

The "music" link brings up a HUGE ad banner (in white) ...
    looks really bad with your black background.

It's all about content

Member #
    Ok, here's the white version:

http://recursiveloop.t35.com/div3-white.html

It looks fine too, and I actually think it fits more with the mood I'm going for...but when it's white it seems to have even less impact than it already did.

EDIT: there will occasionally be a huge banner on any page, a consequence of going with the free package of the provider...since it just does it every once in awhile, though, just refresh the page until it's gone

Member #
    Congratulations on your first site! It is a little TOO plain. Plus, I would recommend changing hosts because the banner is bigger than your site itself! The text in your header on the white version is plain and simple, if that's what you wanted to achieve. When I clicked your "programs" link, it took me to google?! I guess you want them to search for programs from there, eh?
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Is the banner always there for you, or just sometimes? I'm thinking of upgrading packages anyway so that doesn't happen, but I only get a banner occasionally, and if I refresh the page it goes away.

Hmm...is your resonse to the one with the tree banner, or the one that has the logo and simple text?

Anyway, yeah, I just set the default link for those to google. Eventually it will go to my own pages, but I just want to test the links.

EDIT: I've also made a version with a gray content box, which can be seen here: http://recursiveloop.t35.com/div3-whitegray.html

is that better, or would it be better to just leave it white?

Remove Ads