Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Bittorrent Etc

Member #
    Hello...

I'm currently a Lecture at Tresham Institute, Kettering. Recently I've been having problems getting homework assignments out to students, and some of the students suggested setting up a Bit torrent website, they gave me a example of how these worked at "www.suprnova.org" I would like to set-up a similar site for my students, could somebody give me some advice on this. Like what scripting language is the site made in I've noticed that when they upload a Torrent it displays on the site. I have looked around various tracker scripts the students suggested but they are not customizable.

Iím adamant Bittorrent would be a fantastic idea, so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    How big are your assignments? Bit Torrents wouldn't be a good idea unless it's at least 1000 students or more, and they'd have to leave their shares up for a while. how many students do you have?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #

Hello

I have around 3 to 4 thousand students, the files range from 10mb to 50mb. I'm sure BiTtorrent is the option for me and my students can you offer any help please.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    This is a how-to for making files publicly available via BitTorrent, and it's primarily written for people running Windows.

Link is straight from the horse's mouth. Research is the key to learning, don't you agree?

The main weakness in this is that the students have to keep the file up for sharing. If not, it's hard for everyone to get. Why not have the school host it though?

Also, that's a REALLY odd email address for a "Lecturer".
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads