Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well? What is it? To start a business that takes over the world? Join a leading firm? Maybe just get by with it?

I had to restructure my goals when I was suddenly offered an amazing job. I've been able to work on sites for Apple, Philips, ESPN, Disney and many other top-tier clients. Considering this is really only my second year of being what I would classify as a web professional, I had to sit back and realize how lucky I was. But then I had to think what did I want?

I think now that I've had this opportunity my next goal would be to eventually start up my own firm taking on very few, high-paying jobs delivering something new to the select few. Of course, this will be quite a while if it happens at all. But still... what's yours?
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Obviously I plan to first finishing college and then onto uni, from then I would like to set out and work for an established firm to get a taster of what the industry has to offer and how to play it. Then once I feel like I have enough experience with the business side of things and all the legal issues that come with it, I would like to set out on my own and build a successful firm of my own.

If any of the above happens I do not know, but this is what I want to work towards and I think all of these are possible if enough hard work and effort is put into it all.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ive done the corporate thing, Ive done the freelance thing, Ive done the partner thing, and now I have the oppertunity to start my own company and Im taking it. My plan is to diversify since webdesign is not my only skill. I have done quite alot of print work, as well as nonlinerar video and audio editing as well as quite a bit of animation. I do not want to be confined withen the relm of webdesign, but I will use it as my step into something hopefully much larger.

Remove Ads