Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm putting together a liquid web template with the following format: top banner, bottom footer and central area. The central area is then divided in 3 columns: menu(width 160px), content(width 100%), submenu(width 130px).

The content area should have an image (a photographic montage) that transitions (faints or blurs) to the text, and that for each section.
    The content area has a div class to fix the height and add a vertical scroll bar.

So my questions are:

1. how can i lay out the image so that the page looks good on both 800x600 and 1024x768 as well as latest browsers (not only IE).

2. i could use Flash (with a detect script) but wouldn't this fix the minimum width? (photographic image won't resize well)

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    1. you can design it for 800x600 and center it on the page, or you can have it dynamically resize with the page using percentages in your tables. or, you can design for both and have the user choose the size.
    2. well i am pretty sure that you can just set your flash movie parameters to percentages and then the flash movie will resize itself. but if you are concerned about the image looking weird from resizing, then yeah, you can just have the flash movie be a fixed size, but if you want, you can still have the other parts of your site resize.

hope i answered your Q's!

heather
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Remove Ads