Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I was wondering what the name of the font that Google uses in all of it's logos is. I have searched around and even uploaded the logo in hopes that it would find a match but I couldn't come up with anything that was exactly like Google's. Did google create their own text style and is it available for free or is it a common text style? I searched on here first before posting and didn't see anything relevant, so I hope this is the first post concerning this. Thanks!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Likely created their own, in which case the font would be called "Google"

Member #
    I found something similar while playing around today at school, but I don't remember the font. I think it was similar to the Californian FB font, but I just can't remember.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I found the font, but forget about it. The font style is called Catull and it can be purchased for 100 bucks. Forget that..
    --Kevin

Member #
    Im sure its placed on the net free somewhere....

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can get almost anything somwhere on the net for free.. or at least less than cost.. but it would not be a ligit copy. 100 bucks for a font is not that bad actually. Typography is a very indepth field and although most san serif fonts might look almost identical to most people, to a trained typographist they are vastly different and have many different qualities that you might want to go for.

But I was about to jump on the bandwagon with transio and say it was a custom job.. but appariently it isnt.

Member #
    Yea, I got it for free from a foreign site. Had to translate it using Google.
    --Kevin

Member #
    oh, the irony....
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    whats the foreign site?

Member #
    --Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads