Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I would like to create a web page layout that fills the users monitor. What I have been working on is a main table at 100% and then including tables within to include the content. I want to cater to users using low & high resolutions so I am having problems designing/coding the page structure and coming across problems like what to make stretchy. Any suggestions on a basic layout that makes most everyone happy?

Member #
    Fixed dimensions of something like 790 by 600 will usually work with most browsers

Member #
    790 leaves very little room for custom scrollbars.. I find that 760 works best in most cases..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Yeah I use 755.

~mattwise

Member #
    if you care about Macs, use 744 or 748:
    http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey...html?tw=design

744 would be for MacIE4.5 which I don't even know if museums have a copy of anymore. There are still Mac 5.2.3 users though becuse that is the latest Mac IE browser used in OS 9.2, which some design shops have held onto so they don't have to go through the costly upgrade to Mac 10. These people are becoming more and more scarce however...

ANyway, the link above is a great chart no matter who you're designing for. Change your monitor resolution to 800x600 and see if your site works without scrolling.

Remove Ads