Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am about revamp a website for a client which includes a simple mail response form and I also intend hosting the site with a different provider. My client states that he has previously never received the content of the mail form via e-mail but that the results came through to him via fax. I thought this was rather strange but looking at the HTML of the mail form page the following line is evident .....

<input type="HIDDEN" name="TO_FAX" value="01506871961">

Obviously the last bit is his fax number. I have never heard of this facility - so how does it work? Is there some automated process at the current ISP that sends the fax to him, or does someone at the ISP simply intercept the email form and fax it by hand to my client?? I am slightly baffled.
    Of course, my client has asked if he can still have this facility after the revamp and moved the site to my preferred host but I would doubt if they would provide this service.

Can someone explain if they've come across this before please?

Member #
    That is pretty neat. The only idea I have is that it's some sort of API that someone wrote in Perl or PHP maybe.

I would contact the hosting company and find out for sure. I've never personally seen this.

Remove Ads