Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been trying to reprogram a site without knowing much about programming. My first big hurdle was turning a site designed in illustrator into an actual website, which I did by slicing in fireworks, but then came the problem of searchability. Since the text was an gif image it was n't searchable.

What I ended up doing was taking out the image and inserting text in dreamweaver. Since the text is now in the body, is this searchable?? And also, there is a lot of white space in the site, which because of my settings and slicing made them into blank white gif images. Does this effect the site negatively? Does it take more time to load? If it does, do I just delete the images and will that have any possible negative effect?

Thanks so much in advance.

Member #

Member #
    You did good by taking text out of the images and just typing it in. It will be searchable.

Short answer - yes it will take more time to load. Using single color .gif's though shouldn't make it take MUCH longer than simply using a bunch of tables and or css tables and just setting the background to white.

Remove Ads