Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    A bit of a continuation from the navigation thread I started......Well basically can anyone tell me how I change where the bar appears?? And how to stop it going on forever?

It's here: http://www.crabhand.co.uk/help.htm

I basically want it to either be in a table or make it centered and the same width of the table.....

Cheers!!! :nervous:

Member #
    Hmm, I don't think I quite follow...

But for one thing that really is not clean code. Since you said you don't know anything about coding I'll dismiss that though.

As far as I can tell, the nav bar is exactly the same width as the table now (600 something px), and it seems to be centered too.

One thing you might do is take a look at this block of code:

body {
    margin: px;
    padding: 9em;
    text-align:left
    position:absolute

}

First off, the margin is not defined. So either take it out completely, set it to 0px, or set it to some other number to your liking. Second, I think you can take out the 'text-align: left;' since all your content will be in a table. Third, where it says 'position:absolute', change it to 'position:relative;' And make sure there is a semi-colon after it like in my example!

Member #
    I think what you want is the 1px space inbetween each link on the menu bar. If this is so, what I would do is create the menu in photoshop the way you want it to look with the bar line separating the links. Then I would create a image map.

Member #
    Navigation bar

Well the bar is a cell in a table, marked by a div.

Howsomeever, the nav doesn't appear at all in Opera. Perhaps you should look at this in various browsers on various platforms.

One easy way to do this is to make a table with however many cells you want. Color the background of each cell gray, center the text in each cell, and cellpad the thing using white for your border color.

Remove Ads