Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey, Im gonna have a php board on my domain. What I want to know of is which board should I go for? Im really busy so I guess I need one that is maintainable a little by itself.

I think my host offered me invisionboard, yabb:se, and one other i cant remmeber

So any (other) suggestins/reccomendations?

Member #
    phpBB or Invision Board are the two to pick between.

Personally I preferred phpBB as there were more hacks & additions and it was easier to modify the templates, while Invision offers much more standard accessibility to change things etc etc!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Personally, I recommend IPB. Especially the new coming version 2. You can download the ReleaseCandidates already, and upgrading from one version to another is a piece-of-cake.
    I used IPB here: http://screwedupforums.com (dead community, awaiting for me to have a great idea) and as you can see it's templated, and I had never templated anything before.
    You can change the complete layout and style from the admin CP, aswell as other zillion of things.

Remove Ads