Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    How do i get the answers to a form emailed to an account?

Member #
    While part of me wants to tell you where you can google it (pretty lame and vauge question), I need karma with the forum gods, so here is your answer:

There are acctually hundreds of ways to do this, but they all involve a server-side language. Depending on what your host allows, this can mean using cgi, Perl or PHP (there are hundreds more). Any language is good for this task, though I would perfer PHP. Basically you would just write a script, and have the form 'post' to it. The same concept is used for Perl/cgi, except the script is wrote and stored differently.

If you don't know or want to learn any server side languages, I would reccomend checking out a site like hotscripts.com and finding a script that matches what you are looking for. Make sure that the language matches your host (php is generally only on pay hosts, asp is on more expensive paid hosts, perl/cgi is on about everything). These generally come with simple instrustions on how to setup everything, though admitdly some are better than others.

Post again is you still can't get it.

Member #
    i can only seem to find php scipts that bring up a blank email page. I need a script to send the user's entered text to my email account automatically.

or if any1 could quickly make me a .php scipt id be much obliged.
    heres my form html script:

<form action="clanmail/joinrequest.php" method="post" name="form1" target="_blank" class="style13">
    <p>Name:
    <input type="text" name="textfield">
    </p>
    <p>Birthdate:
    </p>
    <p>Handle:
    </p>
    <p>Email:
    </p>
    <p>Any info u feel is important:
    <textarea name="textarea"></textarea>
    </p>
    <p>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
    </p>
    </form>

thanks

Member #
    actually id like to know how to do it in php and something else. As i am not set up for php now but may move to another server which is.

Remove Ads