Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, this is a noob question.

I am curious to know, if I make my web base, slice it up, and slap it into CSS, will I be able to make certain pages longer depending on content? Or will I be stuck with my image size?

My image is 760 x 600 pixels. Do I need to make it longer than 600? Just wanting to know before I add the footer.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
    Ceara

Member #
    Hi!

No problem. No questions are too easy. You have to slice the image up, so that it consists of minimum 5 images. One footer, header and then one left border, one content and one right border. The content part is probably only one colour, so you have to focus on the borders. They should be ablse to stretch vertically without distortion. Then all you have to write is background-repeat: repeat-y;
    and it continues until the box ends.

Member #
    For your content section you can likely take a 5 or so pixel high slice of the whole width... This way the filesize is smaller.. and repeat-y will have the same effect..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

I am waiting to add some things before I slice and if I have difficulty I will come back and beg some more help. LOL

Thanks again
    Ceara

Remove Ads