Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Form Layout

Member #
    Hey all,

I've got a form with approximately 40 fields, all text fields, followed by a user-selected number of image upload fields.

I plan on making the image upload area a seperate page, but as far as the 40 fields, would you break this up into multiple pages? leave it on one page with CLEARLY defined seperations between related information? This is the first time I've needed to gather this much information, and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks

- Chris
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Member #
    It depends what your using the 40 or so text fields for. If you have it over multiple pages, using JavaScript is a bit of a pain, but you say you have upload image script, so you prob know a server side?

Member #
    Whoops, yeah, PHP and MySQL.

It's a realestate website, by the way. lots of details and information.

- Chris
    -----------------------------------------------
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others around me... I'm more of a CSS kamikaze than a CSS ninja...

Remove Ads