Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: what language do you use the most?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • html

3 75.00%
  • xml

0 0%
  • php

0 0%
  • css

1 25.00%
  • other(post below)

0 0%
    Member #
    im a preety new web designer and was wondering what languages you guys use the most and what ones are more helpful.
    please post
    Thanks
    "Baseball is,was,and always will be the greatest game in the world"-Babe Ruth
    Aim:wallaceisshort
    http://tsfpwttwsbmoj.phpwebspace.com

Member #
    I use CSS the most because I think it gives you the most versatility in your designs, but it can also be the biggest hassle if you don't know what you're doing. It's very handy though.

To define the most useful it really depends on what kind of web work you want to do. Designing for large companies would require a language that is the most cross compatible. Designing smaller jobs may require a language that provides versatility (like CSS, as I stated above). Designing databases for companies would require PHP, ASP, or something of that sort. Then there's always Java and other languages if you want to dsign web applets or CGI. It all really depends on where you want to go with it.

Member #
    thanks.
    anyone else have any favorite languages?

Member #
    CSS is cool stuff. I've 'just' started getting into PHP and the simple things it can accomplish - very, very cool things. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to hook up CGI-BIN stuff for forms, but an afternoon to figure out how to actually write a php script for an email form. Insane. I can't wait to get into databases and MySQL, wish I had the free time .

~wheelsup

Member #
    ya i havent yet learned php or css but i have wanted to but have never really had time.

Member #
    Well the most used language has to be (X)HTML. Otherwise their wouldnt be much of an internet hey?

Member #
    Well - your question is rather open ended to be honest.

To begin with, websites have to be coded with HTML or XHTML, depending on how the coder wishes to develop. Personally I would recommend XHTML as it is a more modern language.

Then we move onto CSS, which is an invaluable resource in postioning, and designing websites.

PHP (or ASP) are used to make dynamic websites, and so I would only learn these after you have learned the other two.

So, all languages have different purposes.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads