Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok well I want to make a portfolio site but I'm stuck on ideas and the ideas that I do have I may like when I first come up with them but after a while I end up not liking them. It's like I can't pick something or stay happy with it. Anyone have any tips that could help me?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Pretty vague question ...

What kind of portfolio ... photos, graphics, drawings?

Give us a link to some of the ideas you've already tried.
    Give us links to some of the "items" that you will be putting
    in your portfolio.

Member #
    Actually I was playing around with photoshop and I think I am on to a layout that I may actually like. Oh yea I would post the ideas but I kind of don't have them anymore lol but as for the type of stuff I would put up it would be mostly graphics that I have done in school and/or my spare time like posters, logos, magazine layouts, ads, etc. Mainly things similar to those type of stuff.

Member #
    The web is an idea databank.

Note layouts, color schemes, fonts, details, accents. The possibilities are endless.

And you can always look here: www.coolhomepages.com
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I also think another problem that I have when I try to do a website for myself is that it's hard for me to be happy with what I make. I don't know why I mean if I do a design for a poster or little web splash thing I can work on it until I'm happy but for a site I can't get it exactly to end like that.

Member #
    I think it's that way for most web designers. At least, that's how it is for me. Hence I keep redesigning my personal site and developing my skills to try to make that perfect site. It'll never happen for me though...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Next time, try evolving a design instead of starting over. Most of the time, our dissatisfaction with our designs is due to lack of content or detail. Add details and see if you like it better.

Member #
    Hmmm that is a good idea. Usually I do just start over completely but I may just make up one design and just evolve it from there. Oh yea that link to the cool web pages was really good. i spent like a half hour earlier looking thought seeign what I liked and didn't and could use for my own site.

Remove Ads