Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I am looking to use Agency FB in forthcoming project, but wanted to know if it was installed on computers as standard? It appears to be installed on two PCs tested, both have Office XP and fairly standard XP Professional OSs - is it installed as standard on other OSs or what have you?

Cheers. let me know if you have it, or if you haven't got it what PC software spec you have - as I don't want to cut out too many users from the site.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Well, less than 5 minutes after posting it appears that it is installed with Publisher 2003 - is that likely to be a large amount of users I am ignoring if I use it?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I'm using a PC running XP... I do have that font, but my guess is it came packaged with something like Photoshop; or if you're lucky MS Office. I don't think Publisher is included in the recent Office XP set anymore; you have to obtain it separately.

The whole idea about font-family is that if a certain font isn't installed on someone’s system it will more along to the next one in the list. You may as well use this functionality, seems like a waste not to.

If it isn't installed on many Macs I think Futura is very similar in style. Edit* you might also want to consider Eurostile

Member #
    I have Agency FB running on Windows XP with Office 2000. It's a school computer though so I dont really know what all's installed on it.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Thanks for the responses people!

Microsoft says that it is installed with Publisher 2003, so I think that is probably quite a limited number of people, as, as Trico said, Publisher isn't bundled with Office anymore.

Thanks for the similarity suggestion, any body know of anywhere to see if I can find any other fairly common matches? It isn't the end of the world as I would always put Trebuchet/Verdana in the font family setting anyway.

Member #
    try looking at font sites or something or give the option to the users to downlaod the font to view the page as it was designed......

JR
    Member #
    FWIW, I don't have it installed.
    JR

Member #
    You could always use sIFR of course

Member #
    Whats sIFR?

Member #
    scalable Inman Flash Replacement, it basically allows you to have any font you want on a PC that has flash installed, with boring browser text for those who don't.

http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2004/08/sifr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads