Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi i have just joined the forum hope to learn a lot from you guys i hope to be able to make something similar to this
    http://www.eighteenvisions.com/index3.html
    i would appreciate if someone could tell me what software to use .Just that there is so many option out there i have no ideas really
    thanks

Member #
    The graphics were probably created with photoshop and a vector application.. like illustrator.. The header and sidebar are made in Macromedia Flash.. I would suggest starting at basic design, and HTML/CSS first though.. the guy who made that site probably has like 2+ years of experience in many web design aspects at least... If you just want a place to rant and rave you could create an account at blogger, or purchase a templete.. The programs you would need, as well, would cost nearly $1000 dollars.. If your not serious about design you would definitely benefit from learning HTML/CSS.. You can make beautiful sites like this (with just html/css).. check www.csszengarden.com .. Good luck in your learning
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    I agree with Physt, though I'd say he's getting a really good price on software. :-D
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    how would the links work if it was all done in different programs?

Member #
    Physt, in reality, the price for all the programs (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Dreamweaver to put it all together) would cost nearer the 2000 - 3000 mark!

Web design is not a cheap business, and if you are not serious about it, then don't go spending the money. If you really want to make something of it, then this will be money well spent, if you are never going to use the programs, don't bother (obviously).

I use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator etc nearly every single day so they get plenty of use and they are priceless once you have them.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    well i was left a bit of money by a relitive so i have the money .I wanna give it a serious go so il buy some stuff what do you lot rcomend?
    cheers

Member #
    Photoshop 7.0 / CS (Not really much difference, I have CS and it's slightly improved)

Macromedia Flash MX 2004

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004

Adobe Illustrator CS (Never used 7.0, if there is one).

Macromedia Fireworks MX (Not necessary)

And some stuff from the Xara range might help.

That should give you the capabilities to do great sites! Then you just gotta learn em all! I've spent 4 years so far and I'm always learning.
    Rednerve

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by will7
    I've spent 4 years so far and I'm always learning.
    It never ends does it Gotta love it though!!

Member #
    Hell Yeah! I love my job. I think you have to love deisgning websites to actually make something of it.

I love seeing it in the early stages, I love grabbing/editing graphics, I love creating stuff from scratch, I love seeing it all come together, I love developing it, I love seeing the final product, but most all, I love it when someone goes, "This is a good website", it just makes all the work worth it.
    Rednerve

Member #
    cheers guys
    im off shopping any godd online shops for this stuff?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads