Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi, I'm new here but it looks like a nice place to talk about website design. I'm doing a course at university on Internet Computing.

Ok, to the issue of a name.
    I want to rename my website becasue it is long and I hate typing it all the time and I want to expand it out a bit.

I can't show you want the website is at the moment becasue the hosting provider (which I didn't choose, another person who runs the site with me got it) just decided that they nolonger wanted to have a server up and as a result I have no server again.

So I'm going to start again with a new name and design.

About the site:
    It is an entertainment website that covers music, movies, tv, radio, sports and also hosts small sites for unsigned bands and other people. The site includes a forum, news section, downloads, links, charts, etc.

With all that I have asked all my friends and still we can't find a name for the site.

Need a nice short unique name that is available in the .com or .net area.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Member #
    well its abit difficult to come up with a name for you. What are some of the names that you have come up with? Maybe we can add to the list once we have a feel for what you are looking for. :classic:

Member #
    I've looked at a few.

I've tried mostly abreviated words but with no luck on the domain availablity.

I've tried to make the name general
    stuff like "ebox", "digitainment" and "mtm"
    MTM was for Movies TV and Music but that is already owned.

Any suggestions will do.

Member #
    try

elife.net(com)

Member #
    www.e-ntertainment.com? Lol, probably be really hard to remember though. There's quite a few others I can think of:

1. entertainment4u.com
    2. webtertainment.com
    3. entertainment-online.com
    4. entertainment-web.com
    5. webentertainment.com
    6. mtm-online.com
    7. e-ntertainment.com

Don't ask me where those names came from, just off the top of my head. Dunno how many of them are available (never checked) or whether they're any good, but some suggestions for you to mull over I guess.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    you won't believe this all the names suggested here are not available to register.

Thanks for trying though and if you come up with something let me know.

Member #
    Even all 7 I suggested? Man. Talk about BAD LUCK!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    SoundJoy.com
    SoundArchive.info

...are both available

--------------

That was based on a 30 sec search. I'm sure you could find better ones if you spend some time with it.
    Don't go for the most obvious, those are certainly occupied.
    Don't aim for the wild search. Aim for a dedicated usergroup that needs an easily rememberable name. I.E you need to bring 'customers' first, then they should be given an easily reproducable address.

If you look at the name of this forum 'webdesignforums', that's not something you go searching for. However if you find it (through a google search on a webdesign-related question, it's an easy name to remember.

S. Rosland

Member #
    I currently own the domain aussieentertainment.com but that doesn't quite fit to the new approch i want for the new site.
    I've tried the easy to remember name and they are too long or just look boring.

Actually most of the names i have tired the domain has been registered but only goes to a "cannot be displayed" page or a site where you go to it and get a milion or so pop-ups and it doesn't even relate to the name.

I'll keep thinking of one. I'll get there eventually

Member #
    Don't put so much thought into the name. If you make it really complex, and have some deep definition for the name, you'll spend forever coming up with a name. How often do you spend thinking about the name of the site? I doubt you put much thought into it. You spend more time remembering the name. So just come up with something easy that comes off the tongue easily; something that is easy to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads