Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Banner Design

Member #
    Hi,

I am designing a website for a hard dance promotion which is called ''freeze promotions'' and I have attached their logo.

The logo is causing me some problems because of the style, the shadow on the text looks ugly and if I decrease the size of the logo then it starts to lose definition.

I am thinking that I need to create a banner, mixing the logo with a background because unless the layout is white, this logo just does not look right.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of a way to make this logo look professional as part of a banner?

Regards

Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I think you should loose the "freeze" effect :P. Maybe make it regular text (coolvetica is a good font) and make icicles hanging from it. Just a suggestion.

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Wizdude, I never designed the logo, that's the problem, I hate it, I think it looks cheap, outdated and crap BUT the promotion wants to keep it so I have to find a way of including the logo, which is annoying!

Member #
    edit

well then you should tell them that you cannot design a good site using that logo. Maybe offer a reduction in price?

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wizdude
    well then you should tell them that you cannot design a good site using that logo. Maybe offer a reduction in price?
    Personally I dont think I can design a good website using that logo but do you feel that a web designer can say such a thing? or should a designer always be able to design a quality site regardless of the logo?

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's the opposite of what you should do. Don't reduce your price because they are supplying you with a logo like that. If it was a decent logo the problem wouldn't be present so it's not a limitation of the designer.

Why not make a site based around that logo as best you can but also supply the same design with your "new and improved logo"? There's a possibility they'll see how good the alternative is a go with it, if they don't then at least you've demonstated to them that you are a capable designer who can work within constaints as all designer must do, and sown the seed a doubt about their current logo.

Member #
    Alright, so I agree, that logo could use a little over haul, but since the client is not paying you to create a logo, let's get back to the topic of how to incorporate this one.

You mentioned something about a white background, it looks as if that will work fine, or maybe a light blue. Do they specifically want something different?

Are you wanting a banner, as in, Flash, where you can incorporate masks and put a nicer rendition of the logo underneath the existing one?

Or are do you want to incorporate this into a header? Maybe have a winter them. Snowman? This is the roof of the house and icicles are hanging off???
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads