Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    the dreamweaver mx that i use at home on my pc is a great, quick and easy to use programme.

the dreamweaver mx that i have on this mac G4 in the office, is just wrong. whatever i do, it takes ages to react. like, if i delete a line of text its gonna roll that little thinking clock cursor for the next 10 seconds. its SO annoying. and it keeps having these leftover pieces of image... like, if you scroll, some parts of the page will appear to remain in the same place, althuogh theyre not. if you know what i mean.

is that so on everyones mac or is there something generally wrong with this one?

any ideas what the problem may be?

okay this processor isnt the newest, its only 733 mhz, but i have worked on slower and i had no problems. and i have 768Mbs ram. and im not running any other applications when dreamweaver is slow.

aranoid: bleh!

Member #
    Mmm, maybe needs a defrag and scandisk... whatever this is called on a Mac. How many apps are you running at the same time or how much resources are you using? This could also lead to a slow PC

Member #
    well, as i said, i dont run any other programs while dreamweaver is on, and it remains being weird...

and i dont know much about defragmentation on macs.... if its possible at all? i guess if it was necessary the tech guy over here would have done it... or maybe he already has? i dunno.....
    but see, all other really massive programs like adobe photoshop cs, indesign etc... theyre all working fine, without any problems. i work in a magazine doing dtp so we're handling big files a lot, and it never shows any problems or slowness, only with dreamweaver. :S

so i just was wondering if it was some known mac vs. dreamweaver intrigue... or if something was wrong in dreamweaver settings....

i remember in some previous versions of it,there was an option in the preferences to update tables slower with faster editing, or faster with slower editing... which made a big difference in practice. but i cant see any such options now...
    so i was wondering if it was something like that, if anyone knew?

oh yeah and the system is 10.3.5 ...... so if that means anything to anyone....

Member #
    Well, sometimes a good 'ol uninstall and reinstall works...:classic:

Member #
    ahh if only i was authorized....

Remove Ads