Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys/gals, could you check out this logo to be used for my new company I'm thinking of forming?

What do you think? Should I have some sort of logo or will this do fine?

The type of business we will be doing are:

-Web Design & Hosting
    -Print Media (Brochures and advertisments)
    -Radio Ads

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It's not bad. But I don't know really, I feel it needs more somewhere.
    Perhaps lose the white lines on the blue text and see what that looks like.

I think it would be okay though because it could be used in all the mediums that you have mentioned above. It's simple and works I think.

Member #
    Yeah, I agree. I think it needs a little "something-something" but I just can't place it, that's why I posted it here.

thanks for the input though.

~matt

Member #
    Align the second line 'design studios' so it fits within the total width of the 'blue karbon' type. You need to shave a few pixels of each side; you should be able to adjust this with the tracking value.

I'm guessing if you print out your current version it will look like it has been done on a poor quality printer because the lines you've included in there are so subtle they'll probably look like printer banding.

You could try fewer lines at a greater thickness so they become a more prominent feature. If you do this and find the text becomes less legible, instead of masking out portions, try splitting the word horizontally in two and moving them apart slightly to create a similar effect. You can also vary the position in which you do this, 1/2 way down, 1/3 etc.

Also experimenting with tighter kerning and using-upper case will give it more impact and potentialy look more visually appealing.

Member #
    I dont think you should loose the white lines but you need some kind of background base color. Note if you make the background something other than white the white lines should only be seen in the letters by this I mean they should not go across the back ground as well.
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Remove Ads