Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay, yes it is me again.
    I need expertise. What is the best way to set up an ecommerce site. According to Paymentech they will either setup your site to handle payments but they will not secure your site. They tell you to go to a third party, one that they support, and pay for SSL encryption then they (Paymentech)will do their thing for a one time fee, plus monthly and transacation fees.
    --OR--
    You can pay their one time setup fee (same in both options) and $10 less a month fee than the 1st option. Then you sign up with another company so all your transaction will be transferred from your site to another secure site where you will pay their 'one time setup fee', their monthly fee, and their transaction fees.

This is working out to be quite costly. My poor client in getting depressed. They are a very small operation.

There must be a better way. Is Paypal any good?

Member #
    Well niether one is really secure they will tell you to do the same thing. You look at direct credit transfer using a credit card company and then you wouldnt have to worry about security it would go straight to that company's site and your client would recive either credit to a credit card or check (via mail)
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Remove Ads