Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Help!!!

Member #
    I need help in coming up with a way to use the colors Green and Yellow I am working on a small site whose colors are Green and Yellow. I have no clue how to make them work. Any suggestions?
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Member #
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Try and balance things out so that you have green to yellow in a ratio of 3:1, too much yellow and things can look a little over whelming. In my experience it's easier to work with yellow layered upon green as opposed to the other way around.

Member #
    So use yellow only for things you want to particularly stick out?
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Member #
    Yes something like that. I tend to use that colour for things like hyperlinks, rollovers, name plate/logo (if plausable), sub-headings maybe a side column etc. The only danger of this is things might begin to look/feel a little generic, but it's tried and tested.

I use a similar method when using other vivid powerful colours with ones that are less so. These are only basic guide lines and they don't remain true for every colour or situation. If you do a search for colour ratios you might find more information.

Red:Blue / 1:3
    orange:Purple / 1:3

...but for combinations like red:green you are best to use 1:1 or things won't look as good.

Remove Ads