Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    8634
    Sorry for being so dense. I am still new at this web design business ...

    I have a customer that has a form on their website where they want to be able to send a HTML email autoresponse after a visitor fills in the form and hits "submit". I am currently using formmailPHP to handle the form submittal.

    I have the HTML email complete and ready to deliver, I just can't figure out how to do this.

    The host I am using has an option to do an autoresponse from an email account, so I am already doing this for each form submittal, however the problem is they only support text email responses, not HTML.

    Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,518
    Member #
    5220
    You should have got some autoresponders with your hosting? If you login to the control panel and set one up, that will work. But it might only do it for all emails sent to a certain address...

    I'm sure someone can tell you how to do it in PHP or something...
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

  4. #3
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,716
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    Since it might appear you know something about PHP and
    are already using PHP, here's a link you might find useful:

    http://www.isitebuild.com/html-email-form.htm


  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    8634
    Quote Originally Posted by will7
    You should have got some autoresponders with your hosting? If you login to the control panel and set one up, that will work. But it might only do it for all emails sent to a certain address...

    I'm sure someone can tell you how to do it in PHP or something...
    Thanks, however as I mentioned above, "The host I am using has an option to do an autoresponse from an email account, so I am already doing this for each form submittal, however the problem is they only support text email responses, not HTML."

    Regards

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    8634
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    Since it might appear you know something about PHP and
    are already using PHP, here's a link you might find useful:

    http://www.isitebuild.com/html-email-form.htm

    Thank you for this information. It does have some very useful tips on HTML email.

    I am still trying to solve my original problem - that is to send an autoresponse HTML email when a website visitor fills out the form and hits "submit".

    Regards

  7. #6
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,716
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ft1000
    Thank you for this information. It does have some very useful tips on HTML email.

    I am still trying to solve my original problem - that is to send an autoresponse HTML email when a website visitor fills out the form and hits "submit".

    Regards
    Well ...

    We can't force your webhost to allow HTML email responses.
    If they don't offer it, you'll have to create your own
    FORM/EMAIL script. You can do that ... you don't need to
    use the scripts provided by your webhost.


  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    8634
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    Well ...

    We can't force your webhost to allow HTML email responses.
    If they don't offer it, you'll have to create your own
    FORM/EMAIL script. You can do that ... you don't need to
    use the scripts provided by your webhost.
    Yes, thanks again for your reply. I know I can't force the host. That is exactly my question - how to create a script that will perform this function? I know some PHP but not enough to write the script myself. I'm hoping someone will know about a script out there already developed that I can use.

    Regards

  9. #8
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,716
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    Here's just one I found (from many on a Google search):
    http://www.tectite.com/formmailpage.php

    Most of the free ones you find will require you to at
    least include a link to the author. Installing PHP
    scripts is pretty easy (compared to Perl).


  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    8634
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    Here's just one I found (from many on a Google search):
    http://www.tectite.com/formmailpage.php

    Most of the free ones you find will require you to at
    least include a link to the author. Installing PHP
    scripts is pretty easy (compared to Perl).
    Thanks for this info! Greatly appreciated.

    Regards


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com