Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Well let me start with I'm a noob to web design, I'm sorry if this has been posted and replied to before but I'm really stuck and I've tried to search the forums, web, etc. to find an answer. I have recently design a website using frontpage 2002 (first mistake I'm finding out) for educators, my overall mistake was that I had my resolution set on my laptop to 1600x1200 when I created it. 3 months later (a week ago) I published the site. Well now I find out that people have to either change there resolution to view the site or scroll all over the place to see everything. my site has over 25 pages and over 500 hyper-links to forms, documents, calendars, etc. I need to change the resolution, I was thinking of 800x600. I been reading here and else where about creating fluid pages, tables and or frames with percentage limits etc., but no-one has really state how to change an existing websites resolution. Is this possible? I really don't have a clue and I don't want to have to redo it. Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks a noob :dead: :tired:

Member #
    It would be easier to help if we could have a link to the existing site. Changing something like that works on a case-by-case basis.

Member #
    I'm sorry I meant to and forgot, heres the url: http://www.sewanhaka.k12.ny.us

Member #
    The homepage loads fine in FF without any horizontal scrollbars and I'm running a lower resolution than 1600x1200.

Did you only make a section of the site that I'm not seeing or something?

Edit: FYI, after browsing more than one page, that huge header picture gets annoying very fast.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    The homepage loads fine in FF without any horizontal scrollbars and I'm running a lower resolution than 1600x1200.

Did you only make a section of the site that I'm not seeing or something?

Edit: FYI, after browsing more than one page, that huge header picture gets annoying very fast.
    Yah I know about the picture, thats what they wanted, but to answer your question I was told IE set for 800x600 only shows about 3/4 of the page, IE set to 1024x768 about 2 inches was off the page. I also use FF, and my resolution never goes below 1024x768, do to heavy UT2K4 and CS Source gamer when I'm not working (lol).

Remove Ads