Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which one?

Member #
    I have 2 concepts to work with, but I don't know which one I should use/expand on.

The first one I made I am rather doubtfull about. Here it is:
    http://eddybones.freeserverhost.com/bwd/

The problem is that it look so similar to Brak's old business site and I don't want to be acused of blatantly copying it. Of course it was inspired by his because I liked it so much.

The second one:
    http://eddybones.freeserverhost.com/notion_web_design/

Kinda bland. I'll do something about the tacky repeating bg if I use this one. It's just a filler now because I thought it wasn't that bad...

I'm also creating a new layout in my Photoshop class at school which may in fact be better than these two...

I purchased a domain and hosting today from 34sp.com, so the name of my business will be Notion Web Design no matter which layout I chose. So which one? Or should I just go back to the drawing board?

[edit] And of course the adds will be gone once I move onto the new host.

Member #
    I don't know what it is, but I prefer the first one, it just looks more professional... granted, I'm not a big fan of that text... but thats easily changed.

Member #
    Ah, 38 thread views and finally a reply! Thanks HP for your opinion. I think the first looks better also. The second was just thrown together and I think I was just excited about it because it's the first site that I've made that isn't butchered in Mac IE.

Member #
    I like the first one better too, I don't care for that text either, but the second ones text and even in the images bothered me more, but good work....

Member #
    In short: first one is better, text is bad. Second one needs some more color and elements besides text.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Much appreciated. I'll go with the first for now, change the text, and also the logo to match the business name. I'll toss out a mockup of a new design and get input on that perhaps tomorrow or soon thereafter.

Member #
    Hmm, so much for "tomorrow or soon thereafter."

Here's the new one: http://notionwebdesign.com/test/
    And the old one: http://notionwebdesign.com/

Would really appreciate input on which is more appealing. I'll be fully developing the new one anyway because I've managed to make it into an assignment for school, but I can stay with the original also. I like them both, so I'm undecided.

[edit]I'll change the banner on the first one because I think it's crap.

Member #
    The first link is great- websites that integrate good photography into the layout are very powerful. One thing that I'm not sure about - the menu system has text that just seems out of place.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    Hmm, so much for "tomorrow or soon thereafter."

Here's the new one: http://notionwebdesign.com/test/
    And the old one: http://notionwebdesign.com/

Would really appreciate input on which is more appealing. I'll be fully developing the new one anyway because I've managed to make it into an assignment for school, but I can stay with the original also. I like them both, so I'm undecided.

[edit]I'll change the banner on the first one because I think it's crap.
    Some comments:

1) Clearly the new one is more eye-grabbing. I like the picture. Your logo is well-designed, but sort of freaks me out it looks like an insect or something ;-)

2) Nice picture sequence by the rollovers, which are fine.

3) Not sure about the text layout, which I can't read due to the language barrier. You might stick with the older text layout.

4) Overall, good start. Hope my comments helped a bit, but they're meant to be taken with a grain of the coarsest salt.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
    J

Member #
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Just noticed that one of the text boxes is in a screwy position in IE... [edit] Apparently a lot more than just that is screwy in IE [/edit] Didn't check it until now. As to the language, that's just filler text. I haven't created the actual copy yet. I know what I want to say, but actually saying it without beating an old horse is the difficult part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads