Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Which one should i choose for my website.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Web Illusions

6 60.00%
  • Static Solutions

0 0%
  • Future Comm

0 0%
  • Strata Comm

3 30.00%
  • VABITS (Voluntary and Buisness IT Solutions)

1 10.00%

Thread: Stie Name

Member #
    Please select which you think will be the best name for my website from the ones in poll.

If you want to know the services i provide please refer to my other post.

http://www.webdesignforums.net/start...ame_18518.html

Also my website the know is located here, it a bit of a mess the now.

http://www.voluntaryitsolutions.co.uk
    Mark Liam Watson
    Voluntary IT Solutions

Member #
    im liking strata comm for some reason.

Member #
    name game

hi there,

i like shorter names, names that give a company its personality and at the same time describe the company's purpose in some clever, but obvious way.

don't know what "IT" stands for....
    "static solutions"?! why static? your designs don't change? how about "dynamic solutions" or "digital solutions"?

i like the word "solutions", don't like "comm" at all. "strata" is unique and sounds interesting---

i figure you either have to have a dull clean name that simply describes what you do......
    or take on a name that is as unique as a person's, and doesn't necessarily state the nature of your business.

maybe take a keyword that does relate to your function, like "solutions" and then tweak it into something original...."solvent", "solute", "dylution" (dynamic + solution),

actually, i can see that you've already tried this line of reasoning, but the frankenstein half-words jammed together don't quite sound right...hmmmmm.....

i think you should just go with the single word/name, "stratum" or "solvent" or "namic"....or "catpin"??

if you're not inspired, then keep it clean and simple...."VaBITS" sounds just fine.

this probably didn't really help you at all, sorry.....for me naming takes a long time and shouldn't be rushed because i feel that the name should encompass and accurately represent the entire company in a nutshell.

-averan

Member #
    Hey averan, i had tried going what you have suggested only to find that many of my ideas that i came up with where already taken, so for could not use them.

Your info and advice is much appreciated though
    Mark Liam Watson
    Voluntary IT Solutions

Member #
    More people needed to vote

Hey People,

As you can see from the pool above i have got a little problem in that it is a draw, i need your help to make it easier for me to choose my new name and to see what everybody else thinks.

Your help will be appreciated.
    Mark Liam Watson
    Voluntary IT Solutions

Member #
    if you like them both why dont you just take a risk and toss a coin....why not..its not like anyone can justify that much why one name is better than the other...imo its just the way you first read it and how it sounds and as long as you give a basic idea about what you do in your title...i dont think it would matter which one..having said that i will reverse my decision about strata comm and put my vote on web illusions.

Member #
    Okay, I'm getting a "server not found" on your site, which sounds temporary, but nonetheless, I'm not sure what it is you're trying to name. But, based on what the options are, I've still cast a vote and now I'll explain:

Static Solutions... No way. The connotations are non-changing, no up with technology, or electrically charged in a discomforting way.

I don't like abbreviations at all really, so, by my personal preference I've eliminated both Comm ideas.

VABITS could work. But until you're established, will people remember that?

Web Illusions is what I voted for, but quite honestly, I don't like it that much either, I just think it's better than your others. Illusion is not necessarily real, like a hallucination, and it gives a dynamic connotation, but not necessarily the promise of quality output. It's just an illusion.

Maybe?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads