Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everyone,

I need to create a quality website for myself (preferably flash), but I'm just starting out so I was hoping that someone could offer up some advice on a good place to start (a good route to approach this, good books, useful info, tutorials, etc.). I have a photography degree so I have a good handle on design in addition to understanding most of the staple graphics programs (photoshop, illustrator, a bit of flash, etc.)... if that helps.

I'd really appreciate any guidance that you can give.

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    If you're just starting out, don't use Flash. That's the best advice I can give. If you're just starting out, you won't be able to make a quality Flash site. You need to learn quality site design with the basic design tools - (X)HTML, CSS, and maybe some JavaScript - before you get into the "bells and whistles" stuff.

You can find an (X)HTML book anywhere, or you can learn it online from here: http://www.w3schools.com/

Member #
    html is definetly your best bet as mentioned above also you may want to try this site out http://www.htmltutorials.ca/ this is the site i started with also go to nearby librarys and look at beggining HTML
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    Ditto.

Plus, the really cool stuff in Flash comes when you learn ActionScript, which is intense to a designer-type like yourself (and myself). Ever take a programming class?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads