Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i've created some rollover nav buttons from image slices and area maps in Fireworks. they work fine from the html created.

but i'm designing my site with css, and after cutting and pasting the javascript, table, and maps into an html page linking to the css.....they don't work!! actually, they don't even show up, big ol red X's!!

i've double checked my coding to make sure the onmouseover and all are pointing to the right files in the right directories, but still no luck.

any suggestions?

the txt file is the css page

Member #
    You need to upload the images to a host. At the moment you are linking to them on you hard drive, I believe. This is the once of the locations when I looked in the properties: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/MIKE/LOCALS~1/TEMP/solversoff8_r2_c1.gif

Member #
    that doesn't matter, you can use your own hard drive as a testing server, works just fine for everything else. i can preview my html linking to css on the same computer, and i can preview html generated by fireworks for my navigation rollovers......, but i don't know how to code rollover graphics properly to work with a stylesheet.

seems to me it shouldn't matter that i'm using css, since all the rollover code is handled in html. i feel like i'm missing some fundamental detail somewhere, but i can't believe that its because i'm not uploading files to an external server......that does not compute.

Member #
    Yeah, sorry about that. What I said sounded wrong right after I posted it... Don't know what to tell you.

Member #
    here's a great way to do rollovers in css...

http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/

answered my own question!

Remove Ads