Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Right, I decided for the first time I was going to do a website in CSS, its a website for one of my father's friends (its the replacement for that website I posted in that other thread in "hows my site?," if anyone remembers that?)

Anyway, the css seems to work OKISH in Firefox, but it dosnt work in the slightest properly in IE.

And theres also some problems in Firefox though, the width setting on the links in the top right dosnt seem to be working, it shoud be a full 200px across...

IE seems to be resizing the top image section down (how the hell?) and makes the links like a list, tiling vertically.

Also, does anyone know how to center div's without using center tags?

WOOPSIE, forgot the address: http://hofflenosh.f2g.net/totalcleantest/home.htm

(hosting as a subdirectory in my Hofflenosh Website during testing...)

Member #
    To center the site use margin: 0px auto; whatever div is to be centered.

I've never used width: 100% in my CSS because I'm under the impression that it doesn't work the same way as in HTML. So for the links you may want to define a set length for the div instead of that percentage. If you do that the links may work right in IE also. I believe the 100% only takes the 100% width of the content placed inside the div.

I don't know what the image problem is all about in IE, sorry.

Member #
    I think I might ditch the design anyway, dosnt look as good as I dreamt it would be.

Remove Ads