Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all,
    is there any way of manipulating the spacing between lines for fields in repeat regions ?
    I'd like to close the fields up because at the moment they are too far apart for my liking.

Thanks in advance,
    Mitch....

Member #
    Repeat regions, like in an image? or lines of text?

Image: I believe html/DW automatically puts the repeat image adjacent to the next so that it is flush. Therefore I'd be inclined to make sure the image itself may not have a border.

Text: format the leading. Generally, the icon is one letter on top of another with a line between, arrow pointing to the line. The value is in pixels, so if you want less space between the lines, it should be less than the size of your font.

And finally, you said the problem is in DWMX, is that while looking at the design, or actually in the browser? Sometimes the design rendered in DW is different from the html, so go ahead and F12.

Answer your question?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    Repeat regions, like in an image? or lines of text?

Image: I believe html/DW automatically puts the repeat image adjacent to the next so that it is flush. Therefore I'd be inclined to make sure the image itself may not have a border.

Text: format the leading. Generally, the icon is one letter on top of another with a line between, arrow pointing to the line. The value is in pixels, so if you want less space between the lines, it should be less than the size of your font.

And finally, you said the problem is in DWMX, is that while looking at the design, or actually in the browser? Sometimes the design rendered in DW is different from the html, so go ahead and F12.

Answer your question?
    Yup, its the text itself.
    Sorry, when I say DWMX I meant thats how I created the dynamic text. The preview and the html file itself looks the same, large gaps (in my opinion) between each line. I have made the text smaller (to small). The format of the text is 'paragraph', having tried anyhting else the next line below will fit on the line above...not the desired effect I wanted. As for changing the Leading of the text, tried looking for a way to do that and DWMX help was'nt helpfull. Any advice ?

Thanks,
    Mitch.....

Member #
    Have you tried CSS? line-height: 5px

This will display a gap between the lines in a paragraph or any element you apply it to.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbagley
    Have you tried CSS? line-height: 5px

This will display a gap between the lines in a paragraph or any element you apply it to.
    I did try it yesterday but wasn't working too well, however tried again using this code..

v

..and it has given me the desired effect.

Thanks for your input.

Mitch.....

Remove Ads