Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hey guys I am new to the forum. I made a site for my business a couple months ago and something is not convincing me about it. I basicaly want this site for information on the services we offer.I have plans on adding more in the future. I would like some critique on my first site and please let me know what I can do to improve it. Thanks

Here is the site: >>Click Here<<

Member #
    A big green and black for my liking... and the constant flicking of the home page swf can get annoying.

I think you have the right idea, but since it is a site for clinical information/services more of a 'hospital' look might be better than a 'fluorescant nightclubish' look.

Member #
    Liked
    753 times
    I sort of expected Mr. Burns (Springfield Nuclear Power Plant)
    to pop in and greet me. It has that sort of green, radiation plasma
    type thing going. I agree with J. Dot. .... a little more pastel
    and sanitary look would be better.

And I totally hate frames (my personal opinion).
    Even with your "full" meta tags, the search robots will
    get lost. Ranking will suffer.

I think you have good ideas on layout and content, you
    just need to learn CSS and get with the program.

Member #
    I would make your nav the same on all your pages. If I am on the "About" page and want to get to the "Services" page, it takes two clicks, but they are on the same level, so it should only take one. Consistency=

Also, the beveled buttons are, well, kitchy.

My last comment... when my window is stretched out, there is a lot of white space. It is a completely different layout than when the window is sized to the content.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I would spend some more time formatting the written content, the use of a sans-serif font, bigger margins either side and colouring text hyperlinks according to the rest of the sites scheme.

The navigation buttons look corny and slapped on as if you downloaded them from one of those free Flash resource sites.

Member #
    Thanks guys for all the help. Do you know of any good tutorials out there so I can practice CSS. I have the very very basics down pact. Please let me know.

Member #
    So make the background white, change the nav bar and tone down the bright greens right? I would like to make a layout mine looks so plain compared to the sites you guys make.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BIOTECH
    So make the background white, change the nav bar and tone down the bright greens right? I would like to make a layout mine looks so plain compared to the sites you guys make.
    The florescent green is a bit jarring/overwhelming, not that it is a bad color just used alot.

I would place the banner with address box on the right under the links and the BioTech Clinical box with picture of the woman on the left.

Nice start, though. Hope that helps.

-J

Member #
    ok here goes. In changed the site around...I still need to add more to it because it looks really plain. One big problem and i know I messed up bad; I opened the FTP folder which is where i had the old site layout. I went ahead and deleted all the old files and copy pasted the new site files. All the aligment messed up(all centered) and sometimes the home dosnt work. Can anyone help me?!?! Thanks

Member #
    To be honest, I don't remember what the old site looked like. This one looks really plain. There is a lot of white space on either side that could be utilized for navigation to minimize the vertical scroll (especially in the services page!). Also, the text is very large, every where.

In reference to the centering issue, it looks like home and contact are the same, and services is the one that's off.

Finally, I don't really like the green, but that's just my personal preference. The navy looks good though.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads