Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok I have heard about how much better Photoshop is than Paint Shop Pro, and I have always asked why??? Recently I found out that for one, PSP doesn't have a Mac version, but since begining to learn photoshop I can see that maybe some of the photo manipulations and effects may be superior, but there are also alot of things that my tutorial book are saying are new with the CS version that PSP has had on thier old version for 2 years now, how can photoshop be better if they are just now catching on to what PSP has been offering for some time now?? Anyone who fluently knows both programs and can agree or disagree?? What do you think??

Member #
    Professional designers probably don't need whatever PSP had for 2 years that Photoshop recently got to make the same effect in their work.

Anyway, they both have their advantages and one really isn't better than the other. Not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth. You can get the same thing out of both.

Member #
    I figured one wasn't better than the other, it was mostly just a prefrence thing, I guess I will find out, I am going to take graphic design that will be taught with photoshop (my school uses mac too). I just prefer PSP cuz it has all the little shortcuts I like (which is probably also just a PC thing) and I know how to do everything in it.....

Member #
    From personal experience, I'd say that PS is easily better than PSP. Just much more of a learning curve..

Member #
    Yes Photoshop is way better.. Much more Layers options and Channels and Paths.. Like mega said, the learning curve is much bigger.. And it's worth it.. Also, the fact that it is the industry standard goes along way.. It's much better touse what is most commonly used..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    What about Fireworks? I have both Photoshop and Fireworks, but find photoshop quiet a steep learning curve.

I use fireworks for all of my graphics, and I think its pretty neat! Any Comments?

Member #
    fireworks/ps can be a great combo - fw is good standalone as well, but id recommend knowing photoshop over fireworks.

Remove Ads