Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, all.
    New site here. I have taken a long hiatus from web design and programming and am finally getting back to working on a PERSONAL SITE. So...this is my LINKS PAGE which I've attached.

The main content is:
    1)date
    2)link(inactive) to homepage
    3)lots of cool links, some clickable images
    4)PICTURE I took of the area I was born--1000 Islands region of the St. Lawrence River in upstate NY
    5)copyright info

I'm sort of STUMPED as to how to LAYOUT this basic page, any SUGGESTIONS?

I'm working on my first CSS right now to format the TEXT and LINKS and GROUP the links(perhaps). Would appreciate any help in nailing my first CSS down, even a real basic one. Site is not live yet, so I've attached the file.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    Please ENJOY some really cool/useful links, here.

-J

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    DW found a load of duff tags and missing speechmarks in that page. I've attached a cleaned up version.

As for styling it - where to begin? You need to break it down into sections rather than one long list. Maybe have navigation to specific types of link otherwise it's just too much to handle.

Try to get some sort of page structure and then put the links in where they best fit - the center aligned list is very outdated.

Also go for dark text on a light background.

Member #
    version 2

So...

I need to create a simple style sheet that sets the link group titles apart from the links.

ex.

BEST OF THE WEB(size 2, bold, color 1)

American Design Awards (size 1, color 2)

re: the rest-

1)I broke it down into sections, which makes it easier on the eye and gave me a much beeter idea of the content my site will have as well.

2)I am going to make a list of link sections at the top to so the user can navigate right to that group, as well.

3)Changed to dark test on light background.

4)Got rid of center alignment.

Thanks,
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by mossoi
    DW found a load of duff tags and missing speechmarks in that page. I've attached a cleaned up version.

As for styling it - where to begin? You need to break it down into sections rather than one long list. Maybe have navigation to specific types of link otherwise it's just too much to handle.

Try to get some sort of page structure and then put the links in where they best fit - the center aligned list is very outdated.

Also go for dark text on a light background.

Remove Ads