Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Website Review

kaz
    Member #
    Hi all,

When doing a website review, what aspects of the website do you focus on?
    kaz

Member #
    Umm, everything.

Design, layout, ease of use, colours, content, relevant content etc. That should get you going in the right direction. Check out http://www.designsnack.com/ They review websites in quite an original way...

Member #
    Content, Usability and Visuality are some of the top of my list!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    It really depends on the purpose of the site.

Layout and usability are always important. This is a reference to color scheme, where elements are placed relative to each other, does the navigation make sense?

Aesthetics generally come into play as well.

Content is very important, and content organization, which is directly related to layout and navigation is essential. Regardless of how good or bad your site looks, it has to have solid content. I always start a new project by organizing content and creating a natural flow for information. A site's puporse is directly related to content organization and this varies considerably from personal fun sites to the professional level.

I also tend to look at people's code, mainly for fun and expanding my knowledge, but also because sometimes things don't work right and by having people review on different computers, the problems come to surface.

Also, I prefer not to read other people's comments until I've formulated an opinion, so I'm not swayed.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads