Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I borrowed this paragraph from another freelance company (who gave out a sample web design contract to our class)

"The Client shall be responsible for making additional payments for changes in original assignment requested by the Client. However, no additional payment shall be made for changes required to conform to the original assignment description. The Client shall offer the Developer the first opportunity to make any changes."

I am trying to understand the second sentence, the one that starts with "However". It sounds like double-talk.

Member #
    I have an additional question about maintenance

Devils Advocate

Question 1:
    Why do some web companies exclude design changes as part of their maintenance agreements? Would creating additional photos for an online gallery go under a maintenance agreement?

Question 2:
    Would a designer be better off giving the Client a Content Management System, (in case he or she is locked with other projects that need attention to) OR should the designer just bite the bullet and do the updates him/herself?

Banned
    Member #
    I would provide a content management system if the client needed several updates and had a budget for the development of one. Otherwise I would provide webmaster updates!

Regards, Drew
    Captain Media

Remove Ads