Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Has anyone used this product? What is it for specifically, and is it helpful at all? I only have a vague, general idea of what it is.

Member #
    I have a trial copy as I have been looking for a package that would allow me to do a site for someone who could then edit their content without me. However they need Contribute to do it.

I think the software is more geared for a company big or small who may have several departments who can all edit their site without any hassle.

Its really easy to use and from what I have seen does exactly what they say it does.

As I said though, if you plan on creating a site where the owner(lets say a florist) can update their prices weekly, they would need a copy of Contribute at their end.

As far as I can see so far unless there is a tool that allows them remote access through their browser which so far I doubt there is.

Member #
    i've used it before. it is quite a remarkable program, geared for people who don't know anything about html.

in a nutshell, it's a glorifed browser. you connect to your website and navigate it like any web page, and when you find what you want to change, you click eidtd, and it creates an editable version of the page, seperating content from layout.

it even has a dropdown that reads any CSS sheets the page is linked to or contains. so for someone who needs to edit and knows nothing, it's a piece of cake.

you can also set it so one person is an administrator, and set priveleges for users, with the option of every edit being sent to someone for approval before it's posted live.

on the other hand, it puts almost everything in <p> tags, so if you don't have those defined in CSS prior, it can cause some weird spacing effects. it tends to add a lot of code soup as well.

Remove Ads