Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello.

Regarding my recently built, very simple Web site (using CoffeeCup HTML on a PC with Windows XP) at www.paul-engstrom.com...

It looks fine when I view the site on a PC with Internet Explorer. However, when I view the site on a Mac with Internet Explorer or Netscape, the one simple background image on my home page is entirely different from the image I inserted, or it doesn't appear at all. And, with the Mac, the photo image on another page doesn't appear...just the little red "x" does.

In the header of the HTML page, I inserted this character encoding: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" I also tried inserting: print "Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8/n/n";

Nothing seems to work.

Question: Does a Web page need special encoding in order for a variety of platforms and browsers to read and display graphics/images as they should appear? Why, when I view most other Web sites, do they look the same regardless of whether I'm on a PC or Mac?

Thanks.

Paul Engstrom

Member #
    The reason why it APPEARS on your computer, but not on someone else's computer is this: you have made the source for the header "c:/Program Files/CoffeeCup Software/Working/bckgrnd08.jpg" this is a local source (i.e. only exists on YOUR computer) it should be hosted on your server instead; e.g. http://www.paul-engstrom.com/bckgrond08.jpg

Remove Ads