Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been to at least a dozen Flash designers' website and they all roughly say the same thing..

$100 an hour for Flash updates

WHY do Flash designers charge so high for doing Flash maintenance/updating? Is it because of the complexity of the Actionscript and animations? For my current client the only thing I'm doing is swapping a photo every month, and he basically wants the intro animation and actionscript functions to stay the same.

To me, I think it would be the Actionscript involved in every part of the Flash file, and the time it would take to learn the actionscript enough to make changes to it (my perspective, since I am only a beginner/intermediate Actionscript coder). HTML and CSS is pretty much clear-cut. Change an attribute, save it, it instantly changes the color of a font for example.
    Flash..
    lol

Does anyone else agree that the foreseen/unforeseen complexity of Flash files lead to a higher charge?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How is that high? That's an experienced web developers salary (assuming they're freelance)

Also, if a flash file is coded properly, it can be managed with XML, thus a CMS and be as easy to update as this forum.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads