Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Content boxes.

Member #
    Hi everyone,
    looking at redesigning the front page on my site and I quite like the idea of having the left side of the page 'sectioned off' with those nice metallic borders/squares that a lot of sites are using at the moment ( ex http://www.good-tutorials.com/track/7870). They look great and having looked around there are plenty of photoshop tutorials to assist you in creating these but surely doing it this way limts you in the content that is displayed on top of that square/image section ? Supposing I have a square that is say 100 pixels across by 300 down and the content displayed on it is a list of website links dynamically drawn from a database... it may hold say 8 lines of text but should you add another 5 links this text will continue off the bottom of the square and ruin the overall look. I suspect that the square is in fact a window to another html or asp page that is displayed in the main page and so expands when the content grows larger. Is this correct because it was'nt mentioned in the tutorials i've looked up and if so how do you go about doing this ?

Mitch......

Remove Ads